Host a Poster Contest
Help your residents win a $250 gift card
14 winners will receive a $250 gift card, their wining poster framed and recognition for winning their age group. An additional $250 will be given to the People’s Choice award winner. The winning posters will be featured in the 2021 ACTS Calendar.
Qualifications and Instructions
- Participants must be a Pre-K through 12th grade RESIDENT of a member of Southwest Affordable Housing Group (SWAHG) or Apartment Association of New Mexico (AANM).
- Submit a 14” x 22” (which is half poster size, NO OTHER SIZE) poster with the Data Sheet attached to the back of the poster.
- All posters must contain the words “Favorite Family Traditions” which is the poster contest theme.
- Judges will be judging on creativity, color, originality, artistic ability and how the theme is represented.
- You must mail or deliver poster by March 13, 2020 to the address below:
Apartment Conference and Trade Show
c/o Monarch Properties, Inc., Attn: TBD
1720 Louisiana Blvd NE, Suite 402, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Direct any questions regarding the qualifications or instructions to Ebony Lemaire: (505) 260-4800 x137 or email
Encourage Participation from your Residents
- Host a Pizza/Poster Party or Ice Cream Sundae/Poster Party
- Reserve space in your community room
- Encourage Pre-K through 12th Grade Residents to participate sign-up sheet here
- Send out a flyer to all residents to inform them about the Poster Contest you can use this example
- Purchase poster board (cut to 14” x 22” only), paint, markers, Crayons, colored paper, glue, scissors, etc. Remember we need the posters to be COLORFUL.
- Insure the theme “WHO IS MY HERO” is referenced on the poster.
- Order a few pizzas or Sundae fixings (don’t be afraid to ask for donations)
- Remember, if you are a subsidized property, the costs for this party are an allowable property expense.
- Take lots of photos and forward with your posters or e-mail to Ebony Lemaire.
- Remember, YOU can win a BONUS too. The property staff of the People’s Choice Award winner will also receive a $250 gift card.
- Collect all your posters, insure the DATA SHEET is completed and taped to the back for each poster, and submit to arrive by July 18th.
- Suggested: Provide a completed participation certificate and $5.00 McDonalds/Sonic or local “youth friendly” gift card to each participant.
2019 Poster Contest Winners
|Pre-K||Maheily Serrano Gonzalez||Alta Tierra Apartments||JL Gray Co||Las Cruces|
|Kindergarden||Dominik Gallegos||Lobo Canyon Apartments||Monarch Properties||Grants|
|1st Grade||Naci Gallegos||Lobo Canyon Apartments||Monarch Propertie||Grants|
|2nd Grade||Sayuri Cervantes||Alta Tierra APartments||JL Gray Co||Las Cruces|
|3rd Grade||Sophia Martinez||Cliffside II Apartments||JL Gray CO||Gllaup|
|4th Grade||Julian Reyes||Columbus Apartments||JL Gray Co||Columbus|
|5th Grade||Lesly Gonzalez||Plaza Feliz Apartments||Monarch Properties||Albuqerque|
|6th Grade||Kevin Cervantes||Alta Tierra Apartments||JL Gray Co||Las Cruces|
|7th Grade||Trent John||Hooghan Hozho||JL Gray Co||Gallup|
|8th Grade||Ezra Hathcock||San Juan Apartments||Monarch Properties||Farmington|
|9th Grade||Jacob Richardson||Alta Tierra Apartments||JL Gray Co||Las Cruces|
|10th Grade||Oscar Rodriguez||Franklin Vista VII||JL Gray Co||Anthony|
|11th Grade||Gabriel Cuellar||Franklin Vista VII||JL Gray CO||
|12th Grade||Jacqueline Young Lopez||Manzano Vista||Monarch Properties||