Host a Poster Contest
Help your residents win a $250 gift card
14 winners will receive a $250 gift card, their wining poster framed and recognition for winning their age group. An additional $250 will be given to the People’s Choice award winner. The winning posters will be featured in the 2018 ACTS Calendar.
Qualifications and Instructions
- Participants must be a Pre-K through 12th grade RESIDENT of a member of Southwest Affordable Housing Group (SWAHG) or Apartment Association of New Mexico (AANM).
- Submit a 14” x 22” (which is half poster size, NO OTHER SIZE) poster with the Data Sheet attached to the back of the poster.
- All posters must contain the words “Who Is My Hero” which is the poster contest theme.
- Judges will be judging on creativity, color, originality, artistic ability and how the theme is represented.
- You must mail or deliver poster by June 30, 2017 to the address below:
Apartment Conference and Trade Show
c/o Monarch Properties, Inc., Attn: Chris Stanley
1720 Louisiana Blvd NE, Suite 402, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110
Direct any questions regarding the qualifications or instructions to Chris Stanley: (505) 260-4800 x102 or email
Encourage Participation from your Residents
- Host a Pizza/Poster Party or Ice Cream Sundae/Poster Party
- Reserve space in your community room
- Encourage Pre-K through 12th Grade Residents to participate sign-up sheet here
- Send out a flyer to all residents to inform them about the Poster Contest you can use this example
- Purchase poster board (cut to 14” x 22” only), paint, markers, Crayons, colored paper, glue, scissors, etc. Remember we need the posters to be COLORFUL.
- Insure the theme “WHO IS MY HERO” is referenced on the poster.
- Order a few pizzas or Sundae fixings (don’t be afraid to ask for donations)
- Remember, if you are a subsidized property, the costs for this party are an allowable property expense.
- Take lots of photos and forward with your posters or e-mail to Chris Stanley.
- Remember, YOU can win a BONUS too. The property staff of the People’s Choice Award winner will also receive a $250 gift card.
- Collect all your posters, insure the DATA SHEET is completed and taped to the back for each poster, and submit to arrive by July 18th.
- Suggested: Provide a completed participation certificate and $5.00 McDonalds/Sonic or local “youth friendly” gift card to each participant.
Download all poster contest information here.
Poster Contest Committee